All users of the Law Enforcement Notification System (LENS) web site are expected to adhere to the security standards of the Law Enforcement Notification System. Authorized users are issued a unique user ID and a system-generated password. As a user, you are required to change the system-generated password to a self-generated password that meets the system password requirements. After 365 days the system will prompt you to change your password and if you fail to do so within the specified time, your account will be disabled until you comply.
Users must comply with the following terms and conditions to use the LENS web site and the information contain therein:
- You will not provide your user ID and/or password to any third party.
- You will accept responsibility for all logins to the LENS web site using your ID and password.
- You will not leave the LENS web site unattended while logged on to the system.
- You will only use offender data records for official law enforcement purposes and you will not permit unauthorized users to view or download offender data.
- The information in LENS was provided pursuant to U.S. Title 18: §4042 for law enforcement purposes only. Before disclosing any information from LENS outside of the law enforcement community you will notify the U.S. Probation Office in your jurisdiction.
If you believe any breach of security has occurred, such as the disclosure, theft, or authorized use of your user ID and password, you will contact the U.S. Probation Office and notify the U.S. Probation LENS Coordinator immediately.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you may not use this web site.
This system is intended for the use of authorized law enforcement personnel only. All activities and access attempts are logged. This system is monitored to protect against its unauthorized use and for maintenance purposes. Anyone accessing and using this system expressly consents to system monitoring and to official access to documents created and/or received and maintained by them. If monitoring reveals evidence of unauthorized or criminal activity, systems personnel may provide that evidence to law enforcement officials. Unauthorized use is subject to prosecution under Title 18 of the U.S. Code. To avoid unauthorized use of the system, do not leave your terminal unattended after logging in.